This is a blog that will be graded by my teacher so dont spamm and flood me.

Friday, May 18, 2007




Source: Not true that all gays are hedonistic and loose
Link to Article http://www.flickr.com/photos/8456323@N03/510952113/ (You may copy out the image to zoom in and read it)

Category: Societal Issues
Do you know of someone who is homosexual? Well, I do. There is a common misconception people have that homosexuals are promiscuous and they publicize their sexual acts. This is not true, and I believe that the percentage of heterosexuals who do this is far more than that of homosexuals. Many people also perceive that homosexuals are useless and do not contribute their part to the community, however in the article it states that out of a hundred people that volunteered to help cleaned and painted more than a hundred and fifty homes for the elderly, the majority of them were homosexuals.

I have to honestly admit that I was someone who thought all homosexuals are hedonistic and promiscuous; however, I have changed my opinion about them when I met a friend of a friend. He seemed normal at first so I started to chat with him, not knowing he was homosexual, I asked if he had a girlfriend, he said no, so I thought it is normal for some people not the have partners so early in life, until he said that he had a boyfriend. I was so shocked and I even thought he was playing a prank on me. A few days later, a group of friends, including myself met up and I saw him holding hands with another guy. I concluded from that instant that he was homosexual. I was shocked for the first few days but after that I started to think what is so wrong about being homosexual? He was quite normal, acted like a normal heterosexual boy would, so what was it that was bugging me? I still do not know the answer to that question, however I am now more open to homosexuals I still mix around with him and he even picked out a present for my mom which she liked very much!

The point of this is that I feel that we should accept homosexuals into our society, we should not kick them out just because they are different but we should accept them because they are fellow human beings, fellow citizens that do help contribute to society.